Thursday 24 June 2010

Game Boyz - Sitcom

The concept for Game Boyz has been going on for quite some time. It actually began as a book I was writing about my time in the video games industry. I didn't really have a clear idea in my mind at the time as to what real direction I wanted to take it, so I left it alone for a while. It was after quite a turbulent period in my life that I chose to push forward with my acting career again. And this led to me having thoughts about turning the video game book into a script.








I got in touch with another actor, (someone I had previously only briefly chatted to online), about the idea of turning this idea I had into a script. Taking onboard the advice he gave me, a week later I had the first episode written. I sent him the first episode and he loved it. This actor was Stephen Brady, and he has been working on the sitcom with me ever since.









As well as Stephen,
a great team of people are building up, and I'm very happy with the crew that are onboard. Brad Askew, who was introduced to me through Stephen, has been a fantastic addition to the team,and Vanessa-May Dolphin, has what I hope people will find to be an exciting and fun role. Will chat about other cast and crew members in future blogs.







It's taken a lot of hard work getting to the stages where we are now. We are making this short film ourselves, which isn't one of the episodes from the full sitcom. This film is to introduce the characters and their relationship to each other. Ultimately we're making this film to secure the go ahead for the full first series of the sitcom, but also to try and retain as much of the original concept as possible, because some of the ideas and storyline are pretty wild.








I'll be covering a lot about the progress of GameBoyz in the future. These images are from the sitcom storyboard.










Here, is an early animated logo I made for Game Boyz.




2 comments:

  1. Hullo there. Wandered over from Miss Read's. Looks like a very exciting time for you right now - all the best with the sitcom: the story board's intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel. Thanks for having a look and commenting. Yeah, things are exciting, but there's not really time to enjoy it, there's so much to be done. :)

    ReplyDelete